Fans of America’s Next Top Model wait for this particular episode allllll season. That’s right ANTM watchers, it’s time for THE MAKEOVER EPISODE. Remember, you can catch up with this season/cycle on the VH1 website where the most recent episodes are uploaded within a day or two of airing.
Maybe refresh yourself with what happened last week here.
Prizes for the winner of this cycle include a cover and spread with Paper magazine, modeling contract with Next Management, and the new twist this year- an ANTM mobile game where the winner will be an avatar along with Tyra, and $100k from Pantene.
In episode 3, “Beauty Is a Trademark“, we get the highly anticipated makeovers for the girls. As done in previous seasons, series creator and host Tyra Banks choses styles she thinks will bring the contestants to what she calls “next level fierce”.
Things that happened:
- Cora got the first best photo featured in the house from last week’s pregnancy shoot
- Tyra mail #1 “time to capture the new you for the world to see. You are getting a trademark look. I am ready with your Ty-overs.”
- Liberty “voted red, so she’s going red”, and she’s the first cryer before they even GET INTO THE SALON.
- The first big fight happens in the house over trash, Christina very much lost her cool yelling that she felt very attacked.
- Andy Lecompte salon in West Hollywood.
- Cora isn’t getting a makeover at all
- Brendi K got her hair buzzed off
- Rhiyan got an epic length weave
- Kyla got a chestnut dye and straightening done
- Jeana, who suffers from Alopecia, removed her wig
- “You take your tragedy and turn it into your platform,” Law Roach says to her. “They’re going to look at you and say ‘if she can do it, I can do it’.”
- “Losing your hair is beautiful,” Jeana tearfully says, and the reveal of her sans wig brings Law and Drew to tears in the salon.
- Jeana looks amazing bald.
- Sandra got about six inches of hair cut off
- Christina got a neon green weave
- Liberty ended up with a more orangey/Jessica Chastain natural red
- Erin got a wavy lengthy weave
- Rio got a white blonde buzz cut
- Ivana got a tight afro, cutting about 5 inches off her natural hair.
- Liz ended up with a fringed bubblegum pink layered hair
- Khrystiana ended up with a shoulder length ash/platinum blonde cut
- Shanice was going to get a sew-in weave, even though she has psoriasis. The judges decide to skip the weave, and work with her natural hair.
- The shoot challenge for this episode is a high fashion video to show their transformations to panel and ‘the world’.
- Director X returns to direct (he did one of the challenges last season)
- Jeana looks like an amazing Deltan space ballerina
- Ivana sort of falls apart during the shoot, she just isn’t connecting with the camera.
- “Well that did not suck at all,” Drew said of Liberty’s performance during the shoot
- Tyra mail #2 “Only the next level fierce will survive”, so obviously the girls are heading to an elimination round at panel.
- Tyra begins panel telling the girls that because of Jeana’s transformation, two of the judges felt inspired to come to panel revealing their true selves.
- Law comes out without his trademark long hair, saying that he used to be 100 lbs heavier than he is now, and was using his hair and clothes to hide his insecurities.
- Drew comes out with no makeup, showing his vitiligo spots around his eyes, nose and mouth. “I always cover it up, but today I show it for all those people with insecurities.”
- Brendi lost her sh*t during the waiting room time for the girls, although yes, she was provoked by a comment meant to set her off.
- Liberty got best photo
- The bottom two were Shanice and Ivana
- Shanice gets to stay, Ivana is going home.
Tune in next week to see what happens in episode 4, we sure will be.
The post Let’s Talk About America’s Next Top Model Cycle 24 Episode 3 appeared first on Bleeding Cool News And Rumors.
Powered by WPeMatico