The latest patch for Overwatch went into effect yesterday, and while we have a complete list of changes for you below from Blizzard, the two main highlights are that Soldier 76 got a slight buff while Reinhardt got nerfed. Specifically reducing his range on Earthshatter, which I think I’ve personally seen save more teams on escort missions than most any ultimate. There’s also a nice addition to Reaper’s ammo refill on Wraith Form which will come in handy.
Custom games and game browser
- Players can now disable secondary fire and secondary weapons in Custom Games.
- You can now disable one Symmetra ultimate while leaving the other active.
- Removed the attack cooldown from Genji’s wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb.
- Removed the attack cooldown from Hanzo’s wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb.
- Storm Bow: increased charge speed by 10%.
- Charged arrows now maintain their charge after climbing a wall, provided the button is continuously held.
- Fusion Driver: damage reduced by 15%.
- Protective Barrier: cooldown reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Wraith Form: ammo is now entirely refilled when Wraith Form is used.
- Earthshatter: effective height has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters.
- The height threshold of objects that Earthshatter can “climb” has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters, making Earthshatter less likely to climb tall objects as it “crawls” along the ground.
- Heavy Pulse Rifle: bullet damage decreased from 20 to 19.
- Fixed an issue that prevented voice lines from being heard during the Play of the Game.
- Fixed an issue causing shields to display the wrong team color during the Play of the Game.
- Added new Kill Feed icons for environmental kills and a number of abilities.
- Fixed a bug causing the introduction before 1v1 Mystery Duels to be interrupted.
- Fixed a bug that allowed bots to become stuck around the well on Ilios.
- Fixed a bug that caused Lucio’s healing and speed song auras to be inaccurately projected.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Orisa’s Fortify from blocking the alternate fire from Lucio’s Sonic Amplifier.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Orisa’s Protective Barrier from deploying in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue that affected some graphics cards, causing an inaccurate ammo count to be displayed with Pharah’s Mechaqueen and Raptorion skins equipped.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent two charging Reinhardt’s from being able to kill each other.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Winston’s Primal Rage ultimate from restoring his health when hit by Ana’s Biotic Grenade.
- Fixed a bug that caused Tracer to move oddly when she first appeared in the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue causing asymmetry between pillars on the Ruins capture point on Ilios.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on Watchpoint: Gibraltar.