The battle to defend the Seven Realms continues today with the release of free content updates for Dragon Quest Heroes II. Beginning today, players can dive into the first of five installments of new content, which feature extended side-quests that delve deeper into the game’s colorful cast of characters. The update will also add a host of exclusive Slime weapons and additional multiplayer content.
The first update introduces two new side-quests, Episode Maribel & Ruff and Episode Torneko, which focus on the three veteran characters from the Dragon Quest series. The full list of updates includes:
May 4, 2017
- Side Quest: Episode Maribel & Ruff
- Side Quest: Episode Torneko
May 11, 2017
- Side Quest: Episode Carver & Terry
- Side Quest: Episode Meena & Maya
- Special Boss Map: Estark
Quest for the ultimate co-op spell: Kazzaple
May 18, 2017
- Side Quest: Episode Jessica & Angelo
- Side Quest: Episode Alena & Kiryl
- Additional Characters for Multiplayer mode #1: Luceus, Aurora, Bianca & Nera
May 25, 2017
- Additional Characters for Multiplayer mode #2: Dorik, Yangus, Isla & Psaro
- Special Boss Map: Dragon Lord
June 1, 2017
- Monster Medal Battle: Play online multiplayer competitively against players from around the world.
Dragon Quest Heroes II is out on PS4 and PC. I found it to be damn fantastic and the most fun I’ve had playing a game for review in years.